Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oh Happy Day!!!

I'm so excited to be going to the Central Florida Beauty Bloggers event today on I-Drive. Clumps Of Mascara founder Brittany Minor is hosting this spectacular  meeting with various Central Florida Beauty Bloggers. From nail polish to mascara and all beauty in between she has put together an eclectic group of women designed to inspire, share, motivate, and encourage the love of beauty and self expression. As a new blogger I can hardly wait to meet these ladies who are in full swing with their blogs and have created a large following. I was inspired to take an inventory of my growing collection. So far I have 303 nail polish beauties and here they are:


Here are the selected few that I am bringing to the meet to share with the ladies.


More pics of the actual event to follow. :)

So the event was awesome and I was able to connect with so many wonderful women. I can't say enough about how special I felt by the warm welcome I received from complete strangers. All because of my blog hero Cristina Foster of Let Them Have Polish who posted about the event. I was able to meet her and pick her brain and she is just as wonderful as her blog. Here we are: 


That's me on the left :) and Cristina :))))

The other highlight of the meet for me was connecting with Maria of Cult Nails. Talk about inspiration!!! This woman was able to launch a nail polish line from scratch within 3 years and the business is successful enough that she recently quit her day job. Way to turn a hobby into a money making business. One day I hope to launch my own polish line, and Maria was helpful with her insight and encouraging words. Here we are: 



The other highlight of the meet were all the samples, makeup and nail polish I came away with . Since this was my first meet, I didn't know how the swapping worked. I thought we would be polishing eachohters nails and swapping polishes like men do baseball cards. "I'll trade you my American Apparel Lopez Canyon for your Sparitual Sacred Ground". When they told me you just dig and grab, I thought I died and went to heaven! I had nothing compared to the collections these ladies have so I was beyond thrilled! To top it off I won a Milani gift bag with 29 more polishes and tons of makeup. It was a really great day. 


8 comments:

  1. Great collection. You know it will only grow from here on out! It was nice meeting you today!

    -Stephanie Imperfectly Painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you as well Stephanie, and I am so grateful for all the polishes I was able to add to my collection. I feel like I need to play catch up compared to all of you veterans. :)

      Delete
  2. Your collection is cray! You show signs of having Ben raised by fellow beauty/polish-a-holics. *wink* It was great meeting you and I look forward to reading more about your blogging adventures. BTW, what was the name of those mirrored nail decals again? I accidentally cleared my Google search history and can NOT think of the name you shared for the life of me! - Tiffany _jewelsnottools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      I was definitely raised by a nail tech and my mom taught me how to be organized :). I will definitely be sure to blog more and try to have something fresh and new at least weekly. I'm pretty busy with grad school and work. The nail decals was www.nailrock.com and you get them from CVS about $6.99 a pack. Let me know how you like them.

      Delete
  3. Hi, sweets! I totally LOVE your blog's byline!!!! And that is SO true!
    I'm glad I got to meet you and look forward to getting to know you too.

    Was that swapping crazy! I was boggled by it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! I like it too. I wanted something simple, catchy that played on the therapy theme. I'm so glad I got to meet you as well and getting to know you. That swapping was something out of my dreams. I thought I was getting heart palpitations at one point! lol

      Delete
  4. Hey lady you are just getting started. Lol! You have a nice collection and it was a pleasure to meet you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My collection is a baby compared to yours I think. My husband and I were brainstorming as to what space I could transform in the house so I could all my polishes and polish at the same time. So far the guest room closet looks like it's going to be the best option. It's a work in progress still. It was a pleasure meeting you as well :)

    ReplyDelete