Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jelly Sandwich! (50/50)

This is a very special post because it is my 50th post and I also coincidentally have 50 followers! In addition to that it is my first attempt at a jelly sandwich :) For those of you not part of the nail polish community, this is where you sandwich a glitter polish between two layers of a thin polish so that the glitter appears to be suspended between the polish. I have seen this done so many times and my favorite is when a large hexagonal glitter is used. It seems to show up so much better. I typically prefer more opaque, rich colors so this is definitely stepping out of my box. I am pleased with the effect and plan to try it with different combos in the following weeks. For this I used Sation and Bonita polishes. Thoughts? Feelings? Concerns?


The colors used were Sation Miss McTeal and A Rose is a Rose is a Rose is a Rose with Bonita Gold Glitter sandwiched in between.

 


I might have tried a thinner coat of the A Rose is a Rose... color to allow the glitter to show through a little more. I tend to be a little heavy handed with my polish application. The formula of all three polishes was good though. the glitter, as expected had to be placed a little strategically but otherwise wasn't a problem. 
















1 comment:

  1. OMG I seriously love the combo of Miss Mc Teal, which is easily one of my favorite colors evah!! That nail reminds me of a polish that I dont think is made anymore. It was by harepolish and it was called achipielago and it is badass!! You may just have solved my problem in not being able to find it!

    ReplyDelete